Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Called To Be

     In my longing for a brand new support system I have come to realize that I must be what I desire. For only like energies will show up to join me in my quest. Only like energies will be consistent in communication, care and concern. I won't have to look for them, for they will simply be....just as I for them. So, instead of becoming upset when I'm only called upon to be "The Therapist" or "Sounding Board" for certain people who have decided to remain connected to me, I humbly accept the position of Supporter and Encourager. My profession entails counseling, coaching, psychotherapy, motivation and empowerment. This is my calling. I've always known this. So, then, why would I get frustrated when anyone along my journey needs me to execute these qualities in my connection with them? My only answer is simply: a faint forgetfulness of purpose. Is it possible to simply offer support to those we once were strongly connected to, but have managed to outgrow? Yes. Aren't they just using us, though? No. The Most High is using us and we are given divine opportunities to use our gifts.What a revelation!!! When we neglect our gifts and/or choose not to use them we rob ourselves of great experiences that facilitate our growth.
     Who we are called to be has little or nothing to do with us most times. Our energies draw people. With those people come opportunities to exercise the Truth of who we are and what we have come here to do. It is not about us. What a disservice to The Most High, others and our own spiritual/personal development when we become selective in who we are going to support. I temporarily allowed myself to react in disgust, anger, even resentment when it seemed those around me only wanted to talk to me for their reasons: advice, support, understanding. What I failed to realize were the opportunities to exercise my gifts. It was time for a vision adjustment. For a moment, all I could see was me and how I was being hurt and/or ignored.
     I rose early this morning, lit the candles on my altar, sat still and focused one complete thought unto The Most High: "I give myself so that You may use me." I had no long 30 minute sermon to tickle God's spirit with. I had no fancy poem, no scripture to recite or a verbal prayer to lace the air with. That one thought, brought on by my higher self, brought me back into alignment with my purpose. We answer our callings by simply and lovingly rendering service to others. We cannot become concerned with what they will render to us, if anything. We must simply give. According to Universal Law, when we give it shall be given unto us. From who, when, where, how and what.....well, Life has wonderful surprises.

Playing joyfully in Light today,
Yaya

1 comment:

  1. YES!!!! Great blog sis. Years ago I was in a space where I was alone. Everyone went out while I was in the house by myself. I called folks and they did not call me back. The revelations I recieved from GOD i would share it, but still everyone did them. Living in pain and confusion. GOD told me you can't save them sis, save yourself! I cut folks out who did not LOVE me the way Christ does! By telling the universe what it is we want we are pulling that energy to us! But we have to feel it in our heart too. And know what GOD has for us will come. But as you said we only attract who we are. As we continue to walk the walk and not just talk the talk those blessings will show up in our lives!! I believe it:)

    ReplyDelete